From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
mdgallo...@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 3:04 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] Assisted Feeding

My Macy is only 10 1/2 mos. and I took her to the vet yesterday because
she had become lethargic and wasn't playing. My son is one of the vet
techs so they know us and have been with Macy since we got her at 10 wks
old. She was a feral cat in the neighborhood. We even tried catnip on
her favorite toy, Mr. Lion. After an exam, urinalysis and blood work,
the vet came in and just stood there, too upset to talk. Macy's blood
count is so bad they don't know how she's even walking, although she
still jumps up on furniture but not with much energy. They said she only
has a few days.

I've read about assisted feeding but don't recall anyone saying what
they're feeding the cat. She is still eating a very small amount but if
more is going to help her, we're willing to try anything. I'd appreciate
any advice or suggestions.

Dawn
be privileged.
received this