Thanks for your post Carmen. It was very comforting. Vets are
entirely too quick to suggest euthanasia for FelV pos. cats. This
fall I adopted out a FelV pos kitten to a wonderful couple who also
had two other cats, not positive for FelV.  The first vet at their
cinic told them not to take the kitten, so they brought him back to
me with tears in their eyes. Then two weeks later they returned to get
the kitten, because the other vet in that clinic they go to told them
to get their neg. cats vaccinated, and go ahead and bring home the
kitten, as it wasn't that contagious. I just visited them yesterday
and their positive kitten looks wonderful.  He is healthy and happy
and has a super good home with them.  I can thank this second vet who
was so much better informed than his partner was.

Lorrie