Molly,

I'm sorry to hear about your furbaby.  We understand that horrible feeling when
you get a positive FeLV test result back.  However, it isn't an immediate death
sentence, and often there can be false positives on the tests.  In addition,
kitties can 'throw' the virus, meaning their immune systems reject the virus
and they are no longer positive.  I'm sure that's not the actual scientific
explanation, but you get the idea.  A stress-free environment, a great diet,
with immune boosting supplements, and lots of love are the 3 best things you
can do for your kitty.  Many of us, including me, believe in mixing positives
and negatives.  I did, and my other 3 never contracted it from my positive and
they were together for 4 years.  You'll need to vaccinate your  negatives
though should you choose to mix.  It's those cats with weakened immune systems,
like kittens whose IS's are not fully developed yet, that are more
susceptible.  Plus fighting,
 where saliva can be transferred into the bloodstream, is also how it can
be contracted.  How long have your others been exposed to your positive?  If
it's been a while, and your others tested negative recently, then they have
most likely been exposed, and aren't susceptible, especially if they are
adults.  That being said, there have been a few people here who have had
negatives become positive, but it's rare in my opinion.  I think it causes more
stress to separate, especially if they are already used to being together.  Is
he symptomatic?  What prompted you to test him?

Thanks,
Wendy
 "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change
the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!"     ~~~ Margaret Meade
~~~