Hi All,
Michelle Lerner asked if I could post this to the list, please call her at

I'm writing because a good friend of mine who lives in New York City and does TNR recently found a very friendly, very handsome cat who was injured. She took him to the vet, where he tested positive for FeLV. She lives in an apartment with four negative cats who, for behavior reasons, are separated into two groups of two, and she cannot bring the positive cat, Belmondo, into her home. She found a sanctuary to take him, but he needed so much recuperation time at the vet that she lost the space at the sanctuary. There may be more space in April. Right now the cat is being boarded at the vet temporarily, in a cage, and urgently needs a foster or forever home to move into. Can you post this to the list to see if anyone in or near NY can take him, even temporarily? Also if you know anyone else? He is friendly, handsome, and has very blue eyes (probably part Siamese). I have photos if anyone wants to see them.

Here is Belmondo's description and contact information if anyone is interested:

Belmondo is a sweet, affectionate and handsome 2-year old neutered male seal point Siamese mix who is FeLV positive. (The attached photos do not do his blue-eyed good looks justice.) He was evidently dumped on the street in upper Manhattan. He found his way to a feral colony, and was on the losing end of a fight, which may be how he got infected. He has an injury on his back which has currently healed. He has had one upper respiratory infection since he was found a month ago, which is now better. That's all we know about his medical history. Belmondo needs a home, or a sanctuary, or someone to foster him until space at a sanctuary becomes available. He has had an unlucky start in life -- I would love to turn that around. He has been at the vet for a month and would love to get out of a cage and into a loving family situation. The vet's office is on the upper East Side in Manhattan, but I should be able to arrange for transportation to a foster home. *Contact lach...@nclej.org <mailto:lach...@nclej.org>; (c) 646-519-0741; (h) 212-827-1753. *

On a personal note, if anyone tries to email me and doesn't hear back from me right away, I may not be online much over the next week or so. My husband Mike, his brother was found dead in his home this last Friday, unknown causes, he was only 53. His autopsy will be Monday or Tuesday, funeral later this week. Please call *253 891-1197* if it is an emergency and I will get back to you as quick as I get the message and have a minute ... thanks for your patience and understanding.

Prayers for his family would be greatly appreciated.

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

http://bemikitties.com