from some of these comments, i feel extremely fortunate to have my vet.  when
we found out about Annie, he explained the 2 choices i had and said it was up
to me.  he also told me that felv cats can live a long and normal life.  BIG
PLUS, when i found this site and began showing him some of the posts, he got on
and now is reading all the posts himself.  he said that actually, the web is a
great teaching source and appreciates the input from everyone.  i know that i
have learned a lot .  this disease is not the terror i had thought it to be.
yes, it can hurt our babies and us when they pass over.  but sometimes they
live long happy lives and our lives are enriched for having known them.  dorlis