Respectfully Patrica, I could not agree less. A positive result does not mean
death is imminent. A healthy cat can suddenly become ill - just like people -
does that mean that cat should be euthanized? This is a "what if" scenario.

You have done marvelous things in placing all of those cats. I think the
problem is that we need massive spay/neuter programs - targeting pets of low
income individuals and feral cats. Also shelters should not accept feral cats
at all as they will simply be euthanized there. Instead, Trap-Neuter-Return
(TNR) is the answer - the only proven method. Pet cats of low income who cannot
afford spay/neuter often roam and give birth to feral cats who supply an
incredible amount of kittens to rescues and shelters.

Spay/neuter itself is the one thing that does the most to reduce the occurence
of these viruses (FIV and Felv).

Best wishes,

Anita

"Every year shelters kill almost 5,000,000 cats, dogs, puppies & kittens.

Most were beautiful, loving creatures (even feral cats!) that died simply
because they did not have a home.
Every puppy or kitten born costs a shelter animal its life.

Save lives, spay-neuter, support Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) & adopt for life!"

Visit http://www.castawaycritters.org/info/display?PageID=153 for information
on Spay/Neuter in Mid-Central PA
Visit http://www.alleycat.org and http://www.neighborhoodcats.org for info on
humane control of free roaming cats
Visit http://www.pawsofpa.org for information on spay/neuter clinics and
resources in south-central PA
Join the Yahoo! Group for feral & free roaming cats
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/feralcatsinsouthcentralpa/