As I type this, my male Scottie is lying flat on his back (legs straight up) in a pool of sunshine. My Felv+ cat is sitting on his chest washing her face. It is moments like these when I thank god that my vet was conscious and knew that this sick kitten stood a chance. That was two years ago and since then she has lived a blissful existence. I wish that every positive cat had the chance to live their own path. She, too, is a wonderful experience.

The cats in the shelter where I volunteer are not feral.? They are/ were someone's pets, at least they appear to have been around humans during the time as kittens when they adapt to human interaction.? Some were dropped, and some are brought in.? But if the cat is FeLV+ the shelter won't take a surrender.? It's the strays that are found that are FeLV+ that are euthanized. I am hoping to change that thought process, at least delay it a bit.? My guy was a stray. I'd NEVER had a cat before.? I ended up keeping my guy, who I now can't imagine being without, because I couldn't find a no kill shelter who would accept him.? I had a hard time finding a place to even board him until I found a cat only vet who now is his vet and where I board him when I have to go out of town.?

So my little mission is to try to educate folks on the joys of a FeLV+ cat.? Had General tested negative, he wouldn't be living with me, and I'd have missed a wonderful experience in my life.

Sidney and the General