now i am wondering if that was Shadow's problem.  he suddently loss use of his
back legs and was in great pain.  took him to Missouri University Vet Hospital
and did x-rays.  he had a tumor on his spine.  since felv can cause tumors and
neurological problems, seems this could have been the case although he never
tested positive for felv.  dorlis