I got some bad news at the vet today. I brought Charlotte in for a visit
because she wasn't herself and had been losing weight. She's been with me for
about a year, and, like all my cats, was combo-tested before she was put in
with my other cats. So FeLV was the last thing I was worried about. But they
re-tested her when they did the bloodwork, and guess what, she's positive. We
have started her on interferon.
I'm really worried about my other cats. They're 100% indoor cats and have no
contact with my FeLV+/FIV+ crew, and I hate to admit it, but their yearly
vaccinations don't always get done quite on schedule. My vet said he really
wasn't that concerned about it since they've always been vaccinated, but maybe
he was just trying to make me feel better. I'm going to get all 15 of them
re-tested and if anyone turns up positive, well, we will just have to deal with
it.
I did lose Duncan, one of my FeLV cats, last July, but the others have been
stable and look great.
I'm going to give Charlotte lysine, too. Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Laura