The obvious: Vitamin C + other high quality food and appropriate vitamin supplements (Dixie got carrots, spinach, broccoli etc chopped up in her food and loved it). If you have a holistic vet available, please contact him/her. Dr. Boswell helped Dixie have a wonderful three years. Most importantly, Throw away the calendar and enjoy every second with Charlotte and all the others.