Laura,
My vet has said that he has seen research that says vaccination every three years is ok, so don't beat yourself up over being late for the yearly. My Casper and Scottie are going tomorrow for theirs and they are a few months late. Time and expense - it just doesn't work out some times.
Sue
----- Original Message ----- From: "Laura Mostello" <hingebacktorto...@yahoo.com>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2009 4:34 PM
Subject: [Felvtalk] Charlotte is positive....tested negative last year

I got some bad news at the vet today. I brought Charlotte in for a visit because she wasn't herself and had been losing weight. She's been with me for about a year, and, like all my cats, was combo-tested before she was put in with my other cats. So FeLV was the last thing I was worried about. But they re-tested her when they did the bloodwork, and guess what, she's positive. We have started her on interferon. I'm really worried about my other cats. They're 100% indoor cats and have no contact with my FeLV+/FIV+ crew, and I hate to admit it, but their yearly vaccinations don't always get done quite on schedule. My vet said he really wasn't that concerned about it since they've always been vaccinated, but maybe he was just trying to make me feel better. I'm going to get all 15 of them re-tested and if anyone turns up positive, well, we will just have to deal with it. I did lose Duncan, one of my FeLV cats, last July, but the others have been stable and look great.
I'm going to give Charlotte lysine, too. Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Laura