The pay-off time you have for Care Credit depends on the deal the vet's office
has with the company. My dog swallowed a golf-ball sized tennis ball in the
park last Fall. I took him to the vet right away, and the surgery the vet
insisted had to be done asap would cost *about* $4000 (not including the $300 I
was already charged for x-rays). I asked about a payment plan, and they
suggested Care Credit. The only thing is that their deal with Care Credit was
that we had to pay it off in 3 months or interest (24.9%) would begin to accrue
on the FULL amount of the credit line, regardless of how much was paid at the 3
month point. It's a wonderful thing to have when you really need it, but be
sure t check the deal your vet has with the company before you sign up.

If anyone is interested, the remainder of the story is this: I asked the vet
about inducing vomiting she said it was too dangerous, he could choke. I asked
her how long before we would know if would pass the ball on his own, she said
maybe three days, then we were in danger of obstruction, ruptured bowel, etc.
So I decided to make some phone calls and get a second opinion (the vet I was
using was notoriously expensive). After talking to a lot of people (one who's
dog had required four surgeries at different time for obstructions) I found out
that even the most complicated obstruction surgery (involving removal of a
portion of the small intestine) cost about half what this vet quoted. SO I
called the Humane Society and they saw him right away. After doing more x-rays,
the surgeon told me he wanted to try induce vomiting since the ball was still
in his stomach. I asked about the danger of choking, and this vet said that
there was a small chance, but he was
 in the right place if he did start to choke. So they gave him a little
peroxide and up came the ball (and breakfast). The bill? $100. I changed vets
after that (I had five cats and the dog at the time, and reality hit me like a
sledgehammer!).