I do the same thing when I come home from the shelter where I volunteer. I even have a special pair of shoes that I only wear at the shelter and I keep them in a plastic bag in the garage when I am not at the shelter. I would rather be safe then sorry.

----- Original Message ----- From: <souther...@aol.com>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2009 5:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Charlotte is going back to the vet tommorrow

I'm certainly not a vet, so maybe this is overkill,  but I'm very cautious
about carrying disease/germs etc. when I come back from the shelter (I
volunteer there) I am afraid, not that I'll infect anyone there, but that my FeLV+ boy will pick up some germ from there. So I don't take him there and I
literally take off my shoes at the door of my house, and immediately go to
the bathroom and take off all my clothes and take a shower when I come in the
door just in case I have anything on me that he might get.  I then spray
down my shoes with lysol before I bring them in. I put the clothes in the
hamper and wash them before I wear them again.  I'm a regular volunteer.

I may be carrying it too far but i am scared that I'll bring something home
to either the cat or the dog who has chronic erlichiosis.

Sidney