Judy,
I don't want to get into a food fight with Karen but Nutri-Cal should not be
used as a replacement for food.  Here are the ingredients from Doctors Foster
and Smith web site.

Regular Nutri-Cal
Ingredients: Corn Syrup, Soybean Oil, Malt Syrup, Cod Liver Oil, Cane Molasses,
Methylcellulose, Water, Gelatin By-products, dl-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate
(Vitamin E), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Manganese Sulfate, Iron Peptonate,
Thiamine HCl, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate (Source of Calcium and
Pantothenic Acid), Magnesium Sulfate, Pyridoxine HCl, Vitamin A Palmitate & D3
supplement, Potassium Iodide (Source of Iodine and Potassium), Riboflavin5,
Phosphate Sodium (Source of Vitamin B2 and Phosphorus), Folic Acid and
Cyancobalamin (Vitamin B12).

As you can see the primary ingredient is corn oil.  A much better choice for
short term assistance is meat baby food.  A jar of Gerber 2 Chicken and Gravy
has 100 calories.  Try to work up to 200 calories per day with Wilson.  The
only way to know for sure if he is getting enough calories is to weigh him
regularly on a good digital postal or baby scale.  Most pate style canned foods
can be blended with a little liquid and are easily syringed.  My Pequita, CRF,
prefers her food offered on a baby spoon.  She wont eat off her plate but I am
able to maintain her body wt. by offering her food several times per day on her
baby spoon.  Each kitty is unique.  You just need to find the feeding method
that works best for Wilson.  May kitties will start eating on their own again
once they feel better.
Sharyl