Nortina, First of all welcome to the group.  There are people here with a great
deal of knowledge about this horrible disease.
I have seven cats, two are positive for feline leukemia.  The negative cats are
all vaccinated.  My oldest positve, Orlando, is 11 years old and the youngest,
Tweezer, will be three.  Both are asymptomatic.  I lost a positive about 6
months ago to anemia. He was almost two.  Buzzy was able to live a few months
longer then he would have because of the advise of people on this list. I hope
you will find it to be as helpful as I have.  FeLV+ can go a long time without
symptoms and some live very long lives.  In the FeLV/FIV room where I volunteer
there is one cat who is 22!
Good luck with your positive kitty and thank you for giving him a chance.
Sue