From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Karen Griffith
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 4:13 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Intro

Laurie,

I can appreciate your post.  There are studies that say that vaccination
helps the FELV kitty and others that say just the opposite.  I have found
that vaccination of positive cats decreases their survivability in the
immediate situation.  (Who knows what long term figures are for asymptomatic

kitties).  We'll have to wait another 10 yrs to get the real results with
double blind studies.  They are wonderful animals.  They thrive and survive
despite our best efforts in many cases.  We need to send a blessing to all
on this list that help every day and try to take the best care possible of
these immunocompromised souls.  I just do what I have found to be successful

over the last 10 years or so.

Karen