From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Heather
Sent: Friday, May 01, 2009 8:27 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] UPDATE: Tampa FL: Double suicide leaves 3 FELV+
cats,high kill facility

Mary Christine thank you so much for posting this, I neglected to do so
before people showed up to work on my pc and didn't have access again till
this morning.

With all of my rescue work, I have heard stories like this before...but it
is the first time it happened to me directly that I
was trying to save some only to find it was "too late".   I can only
hope it somehow means they perhaps would have had a difficult road ahead and
needed to be with their family, but of course that's little consolation and
it feels like these people just left them to meet the same fate.

Last fall a young friend of my bf's passed away, he was only 37 and left
behind 2 sr. cats who were, as with these 3, in the house a while after the
death and it was quite a battle getting them healthy again.
They were not felv+ cats and these 3 had been in the house with no
food or water for 11 days.   I am presenting rationalizations but of
course my heart doesn't really believe them and wanted them to have a
chance.

I thank you all for your concern...the rescue work is full of heartbreak,
sadly there have been many losses I haven't posted here
but should have so they could be added to the bridge list.   If it's
ok for me to send a list I will do so soon.

Thank you all for caring for FELV kitties, as we all know, they are given
very limited chances in this world, due to no fault of their own.  Every cat
deserves love & good care for whatever time they have.

Heather