My holistic vet recommended Thuja to help with vaccination side effects. Both boys reacted badly to their first shots...very ill tempered and even snarled at me. I had given them some before the shots and gave them doses after the snarling incident. They settled down and did fine after the thuja. You'll need to do your own research or consult a holistic vet because I can't explain it adequately.