we have only 2 or 3 rescue groups in our area and they are entirely volunteer
staffed.  they are not too good at keeping boxes clean and really don't have
time to socialize the kitties and dogs in their care.  most of them come in
after work or go in before work.  pretty hectic schedule.  now that my Mary is
recovering from her stroke and her son Lane can take her to rehab, i am going
to get with the closest group and volunteer to go in an clean and spend time
with the kids in their care.  having 6 of my own, with 2 felv pos, i iknow that
it takes a lot of time to clean boxes, feed and spend some personal time with
each of my babies so no one feels left out.  i have been fortunate, none of my
girls and 1 boy have any real health issues  right now, just worms.  been
passing out the meds for that and some of them don't like taking meds.  by the
time i get Revolution for all 6, keep shots up to date, my vet loves me.  i
think i spend more time with him than i do iwth my own doctor.  one last one to
spay, she showed up when in heat and lost her tail to a raccoon i think because
she goes bananas whenever she sees one and tries to hide between my chair and
me.  as soon as she is out of heat, she goes to see the doctor because she is
driving me and all the girls crazy with her howling, etc.  even if she was not
felv pos, can't let her get pregnant, she is too small, less than 6 lbs.  vet
says not safe for her to have kittens.  i can see the need for spaying as she
just paces all night long, howling, crying.  she never gets any sleep and has
lost weight and hair.  vet said that happens when in heat.  to go thru that
several times a year would be torture for me, know must be for her.
it seems that so many kitties have gone since i last logged in.  i know how
each one of you must feel, it is like loosing one of my own children when one
of my babies passes on.  God be with you and give you another baby to take
their place.  dorlis