It is a good place, Sharyl. One of my beloved kitties, Milo, lives there. They
send you pictures and newsletters too. You made the right choice.
Alice
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sharyl<mailto:cline...@yahoo.com>
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org<mailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
  Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 7:53 PM
  Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] PA Sanctuary

  I had the opportunity to visit the C&W Rustic Hollow Shelter in IA.  Looking
for a forever home for my cats when I die.  They have a excellent set up with
multiple houses/buildings/barns.  Each building is heated and has air
conditioning.  Most windows have an attached screened-in enclosure so the
kitties can enjoy the nice weather.  There are several TVs in each building
running kitties videos.

  Most of the buildings are old but it is obvious the kitties are well loved.
In addition to a paid staff, volunteers come in every day to feed the kitties
and scoop the litter boxes.

  The rooms had hand me down furniture for the kitties to lounge on.  It isn't
the Ritz but everything was clean.  They have a board of directors and plans in
place to keep the facility going if/when something happens to the original
owners.

  Most importantly they will take FeLV+ kitties and other special needs
kitties.  I am having my will changed so my cats will go there when the time
comes.  I sponsor one of their kitties with neurological issues.

  Here is the link to their web site if anyone is interested.
  http://www.rustichollowshelter.org/<http://www.rustichollowshelter.org/>

  Sharyl

  --- On Mon, 6/1/09, MaryChristine