From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Gloria B. Lane
Sent: Monday, June 08, 2009 9:20 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] interferon alpha

I haven't bought any interferon alpha in a while. The Island Pharmacy
article on interferon alpha is here:
http://www.islandpharmacy.com/site/1420401/page/769212

Somewhere I read and heard that it was ok to refreeze it, so have been
doing that but the Island Pharmacy article says not to do that.

I know that there are a lot of diverse "views" and not always "truths"
known about oral low dose interferon alpha.  When I've bought it
locally, I get a vial which contains "3 million units per 0.5ml" .
This is mixed in with 1000 ml sterile saline solution, and yields 30
units per ml.  . So at this point,  Island Pharmacy says not to
refreeze it.

Just wondering if anyone has any other opinions or info on it?

Thanks!

Gloria