From: Diane Rosenfeldt <drosenfe...@wi.rr.com>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Sat, Jul 4, 2009 9:28 am
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] How easy is it for a cat to get feline leukemia?

Hi, Kathryn -

It's never silly when the safety of our kitties is involved. ;-)

Although FeLV virus is now thought to be able to exist *somewhat* longer in
the air than first thought -- "first thought" was in terms of seconds rather
than minutes. So even if it can exist "longer," we're still talking no more
than hours. There should be no danger to your kitten from being in the room
where Smokey was. Time and any routine cleaning have rendered the virus long
dead.

Diane R.