Hi Amy,
Wolfie's HCT at 29% isn't horrible, Fred who I get the vit B for, his HCT hangs around 24% to 26%, he is CRF and some cats with CRF if they live long enough with it will slowly develop anemia and at some point if they live long enough some will eventually need Epogen. Epogen isn't given until the HCT drops to 20% or lower.

Fred's HCT has been between 24% and 26% for a few years because of his kidney issues. The vit b is suppose to help with keeping his appetite steady and with the anemia ... don't know if it really has but it hasn't hurt and he is 18 and has slowed way down so I figure it can't hurt. He is just recently starting to not eat as well now so I am keeping a close eye on him and will pick up the vit b today. I give it to the other cats because I figure the bottle I get will expire before I use it all so I may as well not waste anymore than I already will anyway and since it won't hurt them I figure why not. All of my guys are getting older, my youngest is 8, Fred is the old man. I don't have anymore FeLV positives, Bailey was my only positive guy and I lost him in 2006.

If you can afford the vit b I would go ahead with that, the Epo I would wait because once you start it it shouldn't be stopped and it really isn't needed until the HCT is below 20%, it is kind of a last resort treatment, you want to try and get the HCT up any and every other way first and use the Epogen if they aren't working. Since you already have the pet tinic you may as well use it up and if you need to continue try the nutrived ... I have had many people tell me their cats liked it, one girl said her cat would lick it right out of the syringe she used to give it to him, none of my cats liked it ... in fact my cats won't eat the food if I put it in there. How does Wolfie do with the pet tinic?

Well off to the vets to pick the vit b up.

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

http://bemikitties.com

http://BelindaSauro.com