From: Donna White <dwh...@aggressiveonline.net>
Date: Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Leitchfield (Grayson Co), KY:  4 feline leuk positive cats need help;
altered and sponsored

***Permission to Crosspost***

dwh...@aggressiveonline.net
shelter phone:  270-230-8839

We have some cats/kittens that are feline leukemia positive that need
homes.  They can’t be around other cats because they can be
contagious.  We try not to kill our animals, but these would probably
be the first to go if the “big” decision is made.

All of these below are feleuk positive.  They have been altered and
will have sponsorship.  Transportation is available to get them to
safety.

 LOVERLY:

Loverly is bigger than this now

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=13934981

Hi, my name is Loverly, a girl tortoiseshell kitty (short coat) only a
few months old. I was one of four cats presented to the shelter in the
itty-bitty crate along with Riva, Winslow (rescued) and Emil
(adopted). The volunteers' eyes were popping out of their heads when
they saw all of us come out of that crate. It was like in the circus
when all those clowns came out of that tiny car, except we didn't find
it funny. Anyway, we're now safe and warm in the shelter, but my
goodness is it ever crowded, so pretty Loverly needs to find a home
very soon (and we do have limited time here). As my name would
indicate, I am loverly, and lovely and full of love, so please won't
you love me? I'm dreaming of my own home, where I have room to run and
play and grow (and I don't want to spend my whole kittenhood in a tiny
little cage). I'll be spayed and have my shots too, so please come
soon. Make my dream come true!

MONK: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=13934979

 Hi, my name is Monk, a Himalayan mix (DMH) guy kitty cat about three
years old. I was brought into the shelter along with Riva, Winslow
(rescued), Loverly and Emil (adopted) by people who couldn't take care
of us any more. The others came jammed in a tiny crate, and I got to
make my grand entrance in a feed sack. I'm a bit thin, but otherwise
hale and hearty, and very sweet (and sinfully handsome) as you can see
from my video. The thing is, this shelter is awfully crowded and I
have to make my grand exit pretty soon (but not in a feed sack,
please) as we have limited time here (sad but true). I'm having my
neutering day pretty soon at SNIP, and the other vet items too. Please
look straight into my baby blue eyes, and tell me truthfully that you
don't want to gather me in your arms, squeeze me and hold me forever.
You can't, can you? I'll see you shortly, won't I?

TOUCHE (http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=14051531)

Hi, my name is Touché, a friendly girl tabby kitty cat (short coat),
about one year old. Touché came into the shelter under rather
difficult circumstances, and in a trap left in the hallway. Touché
ended up with a badly bruised schnoze because of someone's lack of
subtlety. Anyway, I'm a friendly little girl (who doesn't hold
grudges) and very healthy ('cept for my sore schnoze), and I'm
friendly too. Oops, sorry, said that. Anyway, because I'm small, I'm
thinking you could adopt me if you have a small apartment because
Touché wouldn't take up a lot of space like a fat cat would (I'd
probably eat less too). Oh, did I mention that tabbies are very
friendly? And healthy? Yes, of course I did. Well, I gotta go and put
that ice pack back on my nose, so please keep old Touché in mind,
okay? They say our time is limited here, so I hope you speak up for
Touché pretty soon. Touché will be spayed and all that other stuff.
Friendly and healthy Touché needs you!

RIVA (http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=13934978)

 Hi, my name is Riva, a calico (short coat) girl kitty, about 1 1/2
years old. I came into the shelter stuffed in a tiny crate along with
the kittens Winslow (rescued), Loverly and Emil (adopted). (Poor Monk
from our neighborhood came in stuffed in a feed sack). In spite of the
horrible way we were introduced to the volunteers, we are happy to be
here. I hope the people who turned us in have learned something about
how to care for animals (but I doubt it). Anyway, as you can see in my
video, I'm sweet, very friendly, and I feel I deserve a wonderful home
where people will treat me with kindness and respect. My name is
Hebrew and means "maiden", and I truly am a maiden in need, because
the shelter is badly overcrowded and they can only give us limited
time. This maiden would be truly grateful if you took me home. (If you
could take one of the kittens or poor feed sack Monk as well, that
would be wonderful). I'll be spayed and have all my shots, so please
help if you can.

Donna White
Grayson County Humane Society
213 William Thomason Byway
Leitchfield, KY  42754
270-230-8839

www.graysoncountyhumanesociety.petfinder.org/
www.graysonhumane.org

Please help us help our animals by joining friendsofgraysoncohumanesoc
· Friends of Grayson Co Humane Soc