Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! It was very reassuring to read all of
your posts, especially those with multi-cat mixed households. I spoke to the
vet this morning and she was actually ok with my decision, but she wants me to
keep my positive kitty isolated for now. She didn't say how long, though I know
she is hoping for indefinitely. We are putting Becca on antibiotics for her
oral inflammation and then steroids, which I know will temporarily decrease her
immune system more but could be worth it in helping her fight the virus back?

Anyway, here is my dilemna. Currently, Becca is isolated in my master
bedroom/bath. All the cats are unhappy about this. The two negative kitties sit
outside the door and reach their paws under to her. They meow at me with a
clear "Umm, Mom we want our sister back." and they try and sneak in there. She
in turn tries to sneak out and is seeming a bit down. She's exceptionally
affectionate when we go in there, more so than usual, but she's not eating as
much and seems almost a bit depressed. She kept me up all night trying to love
on me. I also know it is a small space and can get lonely. Now, I've read what
everyone said about stressing her and I don't want to do that, so here's my
dilemna. How long should she be quarantined for? The negative kitties JUST got
their first vaccine on Friday and won't be at full protection until they get
their boosters in 2.5 weeks. Should I keep her in there until at least then?
Should I just let her out now? I really
 really want to minimize the negative's risk of exposure because I don't want
them to be infected.

I did read the articles everyone mentioned and it was still unclear to me where
in the articles it says that it is safe to expose a negative to a positive. It
still said they could infect, but no odds were mentioned, so therefore they
should be separated. See below:

"Uninfected cats in a household with infected cats should be vaccinated;
however, other means of protecting uninfected cats (eg, physical separation)
should also be used. Constant exposure to FeLV-infected cats is likely to
result in viral transmission regardless of vaccination status."

"In ~70% of adult cats, viremia and virus shedding are transient, lasting only
1-16 wk. A few cats continue to shed virus in secretions for several weeks to
months after they cease to be viremic. Virus may persist in bone marrow for a
longer period, but even this latent, or sequestered, infection usually
disappears within 6 mo. Some FeLV-exposed cats (~30%) do not mount an adequate
immune response and go on to become persistently (ie, permanently) viremic.
Persistently viremic cats develop fatal diseases after a variable time period"

What if she's just now in the shedding stage? Is she considered persisently
viremic at this point as she's had gum issues for a few months? Does that mean
she is currently shedding the virus?

I almost wonder if the positives that aren't infecting the negatives aren't at
the viral shedding stage.  Is it really safe to expose the other kitties?
Should I keep her quarantined for the next 2.5 weeks or does it really matter?
I'm torn. On one hand I don't want to stress her unnecessarily, especially when
I'm about to have to give her antibiotics twice a day and steroids twice a day.
She is going to hate that. I don't want her to lose weight either, she's always
been a tiny, dainty thing and she doesn't have any weight to lose! On the other
hand I don't want to infect my other babies and I can't help but worry that to
let her out now, before they have full vaccine protection at least, much less
before the steroids have a chance to calm her virus down would be to stack the
odds against them.

I need advice!

Iva