Ok, so I took my FIV+ cat in for her check up and her HCT was 29%, low for her
and the same as Wolfie's was a month ago.  We checked her for hemobart and she
has also come back positive for the same organism as Wolfie, M. haemominutum.
I have never had fleas in my home that I'm aware of.  All my cats go every 6
months for full check-ups.  I'm going to take my other 2 in next week to get
checked but am wondering if anybody else has tested for hemobart.  I read
somewhere that leuk positive cats are predisposed to testing positive for this.
 I've also read it's not contagious so I'm stunned by the fact that cats from
different locations, brought in at different times, have this.  I'm hoping that
this may be the cause of Wolfie's anemia/weight loss now that I see Sierra's
HCT is possibly being affected by it as well.  Fingers crossed that I'm dealing
with anemia due to this and not nonregenerative anemia.  My vet says hemobart
is not that common so I'm
 curious how many others have come across it in.  All my cats have had numerous
blood smears done (every 6 months for the past 5-6 years) and have never shown
any sign of hemobart.

Amy