Yes..he is FELV and they are pretty good ambassadors for the disease.
This is what he says about Sparta:

"UPDATE JANUARY 14th 2009:
Some of you may be wondering why I haven't released a Mean Kitty video in a
while, but I wasn't ready to announce why publicly until I knew for sure
what was happening to him. Sparta has been limping for a bit over a month
and after many visits to the vet, they found out why. He tested positive for
leukemia. We're not sure what is causing the limping, but we do know that
joint issues can be caused by the virus. He doesn't seem to be showing pain
and he is just as playful as he has always been, so we're not going to show
any sadness. Love and comfort is the best remedy and we are working with the
doctors to find long term solutions to keep him healthy. Loki on the other
hand tested negative for the virus and has been given a preventive vaccine."

They are taking Loki to Boston and had Sparta retested.  He was still +, so
they decided to not stress him out by putting him on the plane, explained
FELV+ cats should avoid stress when possible, etc.

http://www.rescuties.org