From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Sherry DeHaan
Sent: Sunday, August 16, 2009 6:25 PM
To: Felvtalk
Subject: [Felvtalk] Mo's story

Here is the e-mail dr. Jen sent to us this evening...

On 8-13-03, I took in a tiny wounded kitten that I named Knuckles.  His
forepaw was deformed and mangled, and another shelter called to ask if we
could help, or he would have to be destroyed.
So we took the little guy in, amputated the leg, and soon after found him
what I thought was aw solid home, a friend of Tiffani's family.
All was well until the summer of 2007, when they called and asked me to take
MO back (they named him that for 'missing one') and of course I welcomed him
with open arms.
he was a mess.  he was rail thin,  And he had contracted Feleuk while in
their care, as they were letting him outside.  You cant imagine how
heartsick I was - letting a three legged boy run around the SE side of town.

Well, we fattened him up and he became a staple at Sids. He was one of a
kind, and he made everyone smile, especially since he looked like an
overplucked Thanksgiving day turkey:) Why he overgroomed himself was beyond
me:)  In going back over his files, he was one of our healthiest Feleuk cats
until this week, when he spiked fevers of over 105.8 and nothing I did could
get his temp down.  Couple that with an anemia and the rapid decline of a
personality that usually shined so bright, and I knew last night I had to
let him go - as much as I didn't want to.  Sometimes they linger on for
weeks with an illness, sometimes it hits them hard and fast; either way it
is not an easy thing to deal with.

I think Diane Ruel summed it up best when she said:
I can't believe he's gone.  Our sweet boy who got along with everyone and
never made any demands.  I will miss him terribly.

I agree wholeheartedly, as I know everyone reading this does.  He was a
special boy for so many reasons.  We were blessed to have him with us:)
Mo, you are taking bits and pieces of all of our hearts with you!

than our own,
Unable to accept its awful gaps.
We still would have it no other way"