Thank you very much, Jane. I appreciate your concern and suggestions. I heard from Jenny via e-mail after she called and I wasn't home. At her suggestion, I bought some A/D and Gatorade and have begun to force feed Lukey. He took right to the food like he was grateful to have it and I will be giving him some Gatorade later tonight and then feeding again even later. I got about 1/3 of a can of A/D down him via syringe, which I thought was pretty good for a first effort. He is getting thinner and weaker while we wait on the shot to kick in but on Saturday he was not yet severely anemic, so hopefully I have some time. We'll know tomorrow when I take him back to the vet, which he will certainly hate. At least she can rehydrate him and maybe check him again for lymphocyte and RBC count.
Anyway, God bless you and all of the others who post here in an effort to help others. I appreciate it very much. Sally Jewell > -----Original Message----- > From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org [mailto:felvtalk- > boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Jane Lyons > Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2009 11:13 PM > To: firstname.lastname@example.org > Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] (no subject) > > Sally > I hope Jenny sees this post. You might send another post with > Jenny/ > Autumn in the > subject. I also hope that you can get your boy through this scary > time until your vet opens on Tuesday. > > I hope you can get help for him. > > Jaane > > > > > On Sep 6, 2009, at 1:37 PM, S. Jewell wrote: > > > Hi, All, > > > > > > > > I'm new to this and not exactly sure how it works, but I > > desperately need to speak personally to Jenny, who recently > > posted about her FeLV kitty Autumn and her improvement with > > the transfusion, Ambrotose and the Imulan injection (I > > presume that's what it was). I am treating one of my FeLV > > boys right now who is not eating and has been hospitalized > > for a few days with low lymphocyte count and mild anemia. > > He came home yesterday after being on fluids for his fever > > for several days at the vet. He got his first LTCI > > injection yesterday before he came home and he's a bit > > feverish again and not eating. My vet doesn't open again > > until Tuesday and I am worried. I am preparing to buy the > > Acemannan, which I presume is a similar product to > > Ambrotose, but I would really love to speak with Jenny about > > the transfusion process and what Autumn's state was before > > the transfusion and how she responded. > > > > > > > > I apologize if this is the wrong way to go about this but > > again, this is all new to me. My Lukey boy is my first FeLV > > cat to become sick and it came up so suddenly that it has > > thrown us for a loop. We are beyond heart sick and > > desperate to help me in any additional ways such as > > transfusion, etc. > > > > > > > > Thanks. > > > > > > > > Sally Jewell > > > > 502-363-1002 > > > > _______________________________________________ > > Felvtalk mailing list > > Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org > > > http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felinele ukemia.o > rg > > > _______________________________________________ > Felvtalk mailing list > Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org > http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felinele ukemia.o > rg _______________________________________________ Felvtalk mailing list Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org