Not sure how all TNR individuals or groups handle the situation of FIV and/or
FeLV+ colony members.  I'm on the Feral Cat group.  Most TNR is done by
individuals or small groups.

TNR = Trap, Neuter, Release

Since the plan is to release the cat back to its original colony/location, very
few folks test for FIV or FeLV.  To be frank they can't afford the test and the
results would not change the outcome.

Usually only kittens being placed for adoption are tested.  Unfortunately, if
they test positive, adoption is out and many of these kittens are PTS if a
forever home can not be found.  They have become too socialized to release
outside again.

Again this info is based on what I read on the Feral Cat board.  My personal
experience has been to keep 6 of the FeLV+ I rescued and release 2.  The 6 were
small kittens.  The 2 were year old cats.  To be honest I stopped testing.  I
couldn't afford to test every cat I was TNRing.  And I had reached my limit on
the no. of cats I could bring inside.  No way could I ever PTS a cat simply
because they tested positive.

The score so far is I still have 2 of the 6.  They are just over 2 yrs old.  1
of the 2 I released is still going strong.  Mae passed away this summer.
Sharyl