Hi Michael of Second Chance Meows...........

Just a note to let you know I agree with what you wrote. I have
seen people put their cats through all sorts of painful, invasive
proceedures, and use numerous powerful drugs which make the cats
sicker than they are already, when there is no hope for a cure.  In
my opinion this only prolongs the life of a cat, and I feel it causes
the poor animal to suffer longer than it should.

It breaks my heart to see what some owners put their cats through.
I wouldn't want to be kept alive if I was suffering from something
incurable.

I also have FelV cats who live in a two large cageless rooms in
my cat sanctuary, which is a 2,000 sq foot building I bought as
a cat shelter.  I do not give them any drugs like interferon, I
only give them antibiotics if they come down with a URI or have
any other condition which requires veterinary treatment. As long
as they respond to the treatment I know they will have a few more
good months or years before FelV eventually claims them.

Thank you for asking people in the group to look into their hearts
to see if these treatments are for the cat or for themselves because
they want to keep the cat alive no matter what it has to endure.

Lorrie