Very interesting - thanks for posting that -

Gloria

On Oct 23, 2009, at 10:00 PM, S. Jewell wrote:

Belinda,

You would not have heard of it, unless you follow the likes
of Robert Cathcart
<http://www.orthomed.com/publications1.html> , Linus
Pauling, Hugh Riordan, Irwin Stone, and Ewan Cameron, etc.
regarding intravenous sodium ascorbate for treating disease.

For the past decade I have worked in the distribution of the
Pauling therapy (vitamin C/lysine) for reversing coronary
artery plaques (www.HeartTech.com
<http://www.hearttech.com/> ) and as such have many
connections in the alternative medicine circles including
groups that currently treat cancers including stage IV with
intravenous ascorbate, with frequent remissions (especially
with lymphoma).

I also knew about this from my familiarity with Dr.
Cathcart's protocol for intravenous vitamin C in veterinary
medicine.  See
http://www.seanet.com/~alexs/ascorbate/197x/belfield-w-j_int
_assn_prev_med-1978-v2-n3-p10.htm.

I am also acquainted with Wendell Belfield,
<http://www.belfield.com/>  DVM, now retired, who knew Linus
Pauling and who in his vet practice reversed FeLV
<http://www.belfield.com/pet_health_art2.php>  in the early
stages with high dose oral vitamin C, as well as FIP, and
also hip dysplasia, distemper and parvo in dogs.

Lastly, again, this therapy is used at Smith Ridge
Veterinary Clinic in Salem, New York and I have consulted
with Dr. Martin Goldstein and one of his associates on
separate occasions.

To my knowledge, Linus' lymphoma is not mediastinal, as
there has been no fluid retention and no chest mass.  His
spleen remains slightly enlarged, as well as his
submandibular and popliteal lymph nodes.  He is due for a
complete exam, x-rays and workup to see if his remission is
maintaining and whether we need to begin the intravenous
ascorbate again.  After his terminal diagnosis last May 2008
he underwent IV drips during June, July and August and did
fine until his foster caregiver dumped him in January of
this year and I noticed the lymph glands enlarging again
somewhat.  At that time a different vet suggested palliative
care only, though we had come too far not to try and repeat
the drips, which I did again from January through March.

He has had no drip since March and remains active, healthy,
and happy, though the lymph nodes are still palpable.  He
will likely get some more drips in the coming month
depending on what his next workup shows.  The drips are very
benign and do not cause him much discomfort other than
placement of the catheter.  Also, because he has received a
good number of drips the skin on his forearms has toughened
and it has become more difficult to find a place to insert
the catheter (the last was placed in his back leg, which was
a bit more uncomfortable to place).  His cathethers are left
in place for 2-3 days, depending on what he will allow, and
he usually receives two drips in that period of
approximately 12 grams each in ringer's solution (worked up
to over time).

Lukey was Linus' best friend and we never expected Lukey to
die first.  A flood in Louisville back in August triggered
what we now suspect in Lukey was dry FIP, though at the time
it went undiagnosed and the focus was placed on
administering the Imulan LTCI.  Had I known we were dealing
with FIP, we may well have reversed it using the same
protocol as we used for Linus.  In fact, Lukey received two
IV vitamin C drips and with each he seemed improved, though
again, we didn't really know that we may be dealing with FIP
at that time and so I did not think to continue the
intravenous drips, thinking that they would do little to
help his nonregenerative anemia that began to appear weeks
after his initial possible FIP symptoms of anorexia,
lethargy, borderline low lymphocyte count, and chronic fever
that we could not attribute to infection, etc.  In
retrospect, that is exactly what we should have done for the
FIP symptoms.

Sally Jewell