Jenny and other forum members, too,

I have a young cat with CH, lymphoid hypoplasia and now severe asthma.  She
has weakened greatly in her hind legs and back.  My vet has not been able to
get her asthma under control.  She has "spells" or "fits" and will get very
very violent with us.  She does this while wheezing but she also has those
"fits" when I put her in her potty or when I put her in her cat carrier to
take her to the vet.  She has had several very bad "fits" where she will
bite me, anything she can get a hold of. She has bitten me so badly, down to
the bone, on two of my fingers.  They are now swollen and very painful.  She
has done this to my husband too.  These "fits" she keeps having is NOT a
behavior my precious cat is known for. She is the sweetest most loving cat
ever!

My vet mentioned that she might have fluid on her brain.  I don't understand
this but I hate seeing my baby like this.  Most of the time I am unable to
help her.  She "fits" worse if I put her in her carrier to take her to the
vet.  If I carry her she bites me badly.  I am also unable, in most cases to
get a prednisone pill down her when she is starts out having a "fit".  All I
am able to do is cry and stay beside her until she gets over it.

Even though she is only one year and four months old I am thinking about
allowing her to pass.  My question to you is; is it easier for the cat to be
put to sleep at the vet or to die at home?  I really need to know what to
expect.  I love her so much and if I see her having a painful death I will
go even more crazy!  Currently she eats very little and I have been syringe
feeding her.  I know that if she doesn't eat she will get liver disease.  I
have a cat with liver disease before and it is a very hard thing to watch
when they cannot stand up and when they are feeling so sick. I was able to
save my cat who suffered from the liver disease but I don't know if I can
knowing let my cat get the disease and pass away in that manner.

Jenny, I am so sorry for your loss.  It is one of the hardest things we, as
pet owners, go through in life.  Did your cat pass away peacefully once you
stopped feeding her?

Thanks for your answers. I know this is such a hard time for you and so
sorry for asking you these questions at this time.

I had written to this group about a month or so ago about her not being able
to get in the litter box any more and fighting me when I put her in it.  I
had her urine checked and she was fine.  I truly do think something has gone
wrong in her mind but this is something totally new that I am going through
and I don't know what to expect.

Kim

"...Saving just one pet won't change the world....but surely the world will
change for that one pet..."

 "One small cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home."