Sharyl,
I am so, so sorry to hear this happened to your kitties; it's incredibly
angering that PETA not only undermined your plans to give them a happy,
healthy existence, but also absconded with your money. Like others on this
list, I'm pretty sure they tested before performing the "surgery," and so
had no right to keep your payment-- especially after killing two cats that
had a safe haven waiting for them! What disgusting, abjectly unethical
behavior on their part! They'll never get another dime (nor any kind words)
from me following this...

Gentle bridge vibes to your two babies...
Best,
Anna