Hi everyone,

Three months ago, my cat, LG, was first treated for fluid
buildup in his lungs. He went nine weeks before needing
to have that fluid drained again. Now, it seems that we
are having it done every four or five days.

LG is on prednisolone and Salix (diuretic to help slow the
fluid buildup). The vet is calling what he has pleural
effusion. Has anyone else here had this problem? Do you
and/or your vets have any other suggestions about
possible treatments for it? Once LG gets the fluid drained,
he eats like crazy and is pretty much his old self. He is
twelve and a half years old now. Thanks for any and all
suggestions on this. Best wishes to all!

James G. Wilson - phaed...@charter.net
http://www.felineleukemia.org (FeLV Research & Support)
http://www.facebook.com/crambone
http://weather62025.com (Weather for Edwardsville, IL)