Hi Jim,
Fred's fluid build up was in his lungs I think pleural effusion is outside of the lungs. Fred's was congestive heart failure. He was on lasix alone at first and it didn't seem to be helping so I added the spirnolactone, that made all the difference almost immediately. Once I got him stable the spirnolactone was enough and I gave him fluids every 4 to 6 hours dividing his 150 total, spirnolactone is much easier on the kidneys. That worked for a while but then he started having the seizures and it was all down hill from there.

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

http://bemikitties.com