hi, michael--

sorry to hear about the troubles. i can't do anything before the deadline
here, as i'm on disability, and sort of overstepped my allotment for january
already.......

something that you might think about, tho, is asking folks to do a monthly
stipend--we're paying a rent payment of $800/month just that way, with most
folks just sending $5 or $10 a month. even folks like me can manage the $5
amount! (and could do so for you, too.) remember that a lot of folks feel
that the only thing they have to offer is money, because they can't take in
another critter, and they can't do transport or physically have the time to
volunteer at a shelter or event. we always tell them that money is a very
acceptable thing for them to give.... people want to help, and will if they
can--you're not forcing them to, you're just letting them know that there is
need.

would you mind if i posted the link on the other FeLV list that susan
hoffman and i moderate (FeLVPositiveCats)? i'd mostly let your chip-in page
speak for itself, but mention that both susan and i have worked with your
personally.....

let me know!

MC

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 11:04 PM, Second Chance Meows <
secondchanceme...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Michael Johnson
> Founder/Owner
> Second Chance Meows