hi Cougar Clan and Dixie-the-Angel-Cat,

Oh, thank you for writing! it warmed my heart!  I just came in from having
'dinner w/ Whimsy' and he looks at me so longingly now when I leave him.  He's
even letting me cut the horrible mattings out of his very long fur now.

Dixie sounds like she was so dear and special, and I am sure the holistic
approach aided her tremendously.  I wish I had done blood work that day, but
when they gave me the news and urged me to put him to sleep and not bother to
do the IFA even, I forgot about the chipping, blood work etc.  I did put to
sleep a beautiful FeLV girl, Gypsy, last year because I was told it was the
only thing to do and it appeared she had tumors in her mouth and ears.  It
never sat right with me, and I regretted it so deeply.   I have found out that
on this street/block, most ferals have had FeLV going back 20 yrs here.  There
aren't even colonies, but just random cats - I will see about 3 every year and
TNR the ones I can.  It seems like a very high rate.  One bully male "Sargeant"
lasted in the area nearly 3 yrs - very wild - I just saw him in Dec and he was
suffering terribly, emaciated, coughing and staggering, but I could not trap
him to help him and ease his
 suffering.  I am sure he passed from FeLV.  I did witness him attacking
Whimsy, who is very passive, and I chased him off.  I cringe to think Whimsy
might suddenly disappear and I wouldn't be there to help him when it 'was time'.

I hope I can get my guy to agree. paws crossed. Thank you for your input so
very much.

Shannon and Whimsy