PS. I had the same guilt with Buddie, but she was so sick I knew there was a good chance she wouldn't pull through, I spent the night before telling her if she was ready to leave it was OK, it was her decision. I did ask her to let me know she was OK if she did leave ... and she did.

Three days after she passed I got up to feed the cats for the last time before I went to bed, hubby was already sound asleep. Went in the kitchen, got the food bowls ready put them on the floor and headed back to bed. To my surprise the exercise room light was on, it was not on when I got up and went in the kitchen. This was Buddies favorite room, she wasn't very social with the other cats and spent a lot of time in there to be alone. I know she turned that light on to let me know she was OK ... I thanked her and went to bed with a smile on my face.

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

http://bemikitties.com