ok, so i'm not sure now as to sport being positive or negative for felv.. the
vet wants to retest him when he returns in 3 weeks this time i think with the
elisa.
 i thought she said sport wasn't positive for felv but maybe she said the test
she ran (ifa) didn't show sport as being positive for felv. i called yesterday
and asked to have her call me. when she did, i had already left for work. she
did leave a message on my phone saying that the other vet finally did fax her
with the details (she asked him to last monday and had to ask again yesterday
before he sent them.) so i called today and asked which test the other place
had run. the test the other place ran WAS the elisa. mind you, when he told me
that sport was felv+,  i said that was hardly even possible and i wanted him
retested. that vet didn't seem to want to retest and said the test was very
accurate and almost NEVER NEVER wrong. well, i can accurately say that i will
probably NEVER NEVER go back to that vet again. and i won't even mention the
lousy reviews i have found on the internet today regarding them. anyway, i am
fairly certain sport is going to
 be ok but i'm going ahead with this vet's recommendation of retesting.again
and possibly again a few more times. not quite as confident as i was yesterday
but still can see a ray of hope and not completely resigned to accepting the
worse as i had been doing for most of the previous three weeks. just like
everything else, the more i know, the more i know i don't know. no wonder it is
said " ignorance is bliss."

this mailing list is so depressing. it seems like at least one person, if not
more report they loss a cat or yet another cat to felv in every digest i read.
i have to wonder exactly how many cats die every day from this disease. in the
united states, does any one know which claims more cats... felv or kill
"shelters"? just curious. i know kill shelters are responsible for millions of
less cats and kittens every year on this planet but does felv compare with
that? (and the quote marks around that word are put there because i don't
accept that term when used with state or county in reference to animal control.)

again, i wanted to say my heart goes out to all of you who have had losses. i
am going to try and stick it out on this mailing list at least for a while
since there is a slight chance sport actually could be positive. but how could
he be positive??  felv infected invisible cat ghosts walk through the entry
door and contaminate my cats food, water and litterbox? oh well, i have had
more than my share of unexplainable events happen in my life so the ghost cats
wouldn't actually surprise me nor scare me, LOL!

one more question. is there a certain font used with sending and receing these
mailings? when i read them, there always are question marks place here and
there in the messages. even found some in a message i had sent.