I've had kittens go from negative to positive, and positive to negative.
Also had a double+ adult turn out to be only FIV+.    His initial snap was
said to be a "light" positive and I know that term is highly debatable, but
for the record, he did not have a strong blue dot on the first test, but a
faint one.  He was held for a couple of months, retested on IFA & then snap
and was only FIV+.

The kittens who went negative to positive were from a double positive
Mom....all kittens cleared the FIV, 2 were only FIV+ when tested (and taken
from Mom) at 6 weeks of age, but all turned out to be FELV+.  Mom outlived
them all.

We also had 2 kittens (separate situations, not same litter) who had again
that debatable "light positive" on snap tests and were held & retested and
were negative, confirmed via snaps & IFA.