A lot depends on the age of the negative cats.  Kittens seem more susceptible.
I am one of those that has mixed positives and negatives for almost 3 yrs.  But
my negatives were current on their FeLV vaccine before I started mixing and
they get annual booster shots.

It really is an individual decision.  My 1st vet wanted to PTS Sissy and Rocket
just because they were FeLV+. Then she wanted to notify AC to kill all the cats
in the colony I rescued them from.  Told her no way were we going to kill Sissy
and Rocket and no way was I telling anyone where the colony was.  PETA is
another group intent on killing all FeLV kitties.

Some never mix and some mix very successfully.  I my case I was bringing
positive kittens into a home with vaccinated adult negatives.  7 of my 8
positive kittens have now crossed the Rainbow Bridge and there has been to
issues with my negative cats.
Sharyl

--- On Mon, 6/14/10, brooklynnat...@charter.net <brooklynnat...@charter.net>