I have been meaning to send out this update, but now it's in direct response to
Paola's question.

I wrote in a few weeks ago to get some advise on an FeLV positive kitten I had
found in the middle of the street.  Even knowing that he may not be around for
long (the vet wanted to put him to sleep the day I found him) my boyfriend and
I quickly fell in love with him and named him Tommy.  After several hours of
internet research, we decided to start giving him Mega C in hopes that it would
boost his immune system enough to help him fight off the virus; at the very
least, it couldn't hurt.  After several weeks, we took Tommy to a different vet
to be re-tested.  This vet recommended sending the blood work to the lab, where
they could do confirmatory tests if needed.  We were ecstatic when she called
to tell us that he is now testing negative; even she sounded surprised.  The
vet recommended that we get him tested again in a few weeks, just to make sure.
 I'm not sure if the Mega C made a difference or not, but we will continue
giving it to him.  The Mega C was not that expensive and it comes in a huge
container that should last us quite a while.  Even though we are still
cautious, we are so happy that Tommy may have beaten this.

When I found him, Tommy was tiny and starving to death - his eyes were not
dilating properly, he couldn't walk without falling, he was failing to thrive.
However, with regular meals, love and attention, he has grown to be a healthy,
and quite mischievous, kitten.  In the 6 weeks that he has been with us, he
went from a pound and a half, to a full four pounds!

Thank you for all the information you gave so freely.  I know that many more
kittens will benefit from your collective knowledge and care.

Fernanda