I said if she is going to retest right away then to use another type of test.
Not to NOT re-test.  And yes 90 days is better but it can be done as soon as
60, if you need me to give you references of the 60 day time period from
medical journals I'll be more than happy to do that. We used to only rescue
FeLV + cats and always retested in 60 days and that was ample time for an
accurate result. My vet, who is also FeLV friendly and is greatly respected in
my community/county also adheres to the 60 day policy.

Also, you are coming across in e-mails as very abrasive. You are not the only
one that rescues/cares for/knows about FeLV and you should respect other
people's perspectives and experiences. I gave her an 'What I would do' scenario
based on my personal experiences. I have been on this list for many many years
and perhaps do not respond as much as you do but am in no way a novice when it
comes to these matters.

And I do not believe that the cat in question is at risk of being euthanized
because of a faulty test result at this point. Yes, it happens in other
scenarios and cases but we are not talking about those cases. Not every vet and
as time goes on not many vets will have the old snap tests which is why I
suggest (as stated in my previous e-mail) sending the blood off to be lab
tested to avoid snap test errors. It is not practical for most people with busy
lives, especially ones with active 'rescue' careers to call from vet to vet or
vet 'hop' to find old tests. Perhaps you should lobby the manufacturer and urge
them to improve their test so other cats in different circumstances with
ignorant owners and shelter staff have a real chance at life. That is all I
have to say about that.