KB,
I gave my anemic kitties B12, Super B Complex, folic acid and Nutri
Ved.  Most of it tastes bad so I'd mix a little in some meat baby food (no
onions or garlic) and syringe feed it to them.  It helped keep their HCT around
24%.

I tried Mega C Plus and didn't see where that helped mine but each kitty is
unique in how it reacts to a treatment plan.  I also tried the Immunoreglin
shots but think we started those too late for Rocket.

Best treatment is to feed him the best food he will eat - super good food is
worthless if the cat won't eat it, keep his environment stress free and love
him.
Sounds like he has found the perfect new home and already has a new best buddy.
Sharyl