I'm so sorry you lost Lydia, but you made the right decision about
having her PTS.  I also stay with my kitties when they are PTS
and it is such a gentle death, so much kinder than letting them
suffer.  I wish we had the same choice when it's our time to die.

I also believe I'll see my cats again in my next life, as
reincarnation makes sense to me.

Lorrie