  From: ter...@tazzys.org
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2010 8:30 AM
  Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Mixing

  Melinda,
  Well, this is my opinion and experience with having FELV kitties in the past
but don't any now.
  My first personal experience was back in mid part of1999 I got a kitten that
I named Taz was FELV and he died in January 2002. He had it in his bone marrow.
He died from secondary illnesses.
  Spent a lot of money on him to try and save him money was not a factor. My
husband and I didn't care did whatever it took.
  Anyway, I had other personal kitties both young and older adults that lived
with this kitten up to his passing. They played, ate, shared litter boxes,
bathe, and slept together during this time. My other kitties were vaccinated
every year and some were not this was due to the age since I had a few seniors
at the time when they passed they did not die of FELV. I have to say no one
tested positive during and after he died. I lost my eldest cat back in March of
2010 that personally took care of Taz when he was alive. She did not die of
FELV. She was 21 years old and went into kidney failure. I was with her when
she died.
  My conclusion is that no one came down with FELV.

  So I guess my point is it is you that can make the decision of whether you
want to mix or not.
  There are some of us on this group that do mix and some that do not.
  I do not have the fear of having a FELV kitty and mixing with my personal
cats.

  In rescue I do not mix this is for safety reasons.

  TAZZY'S ANIMAL TRANSPORTS/SIAMESE & COLLIE RESCUE
  Sultan, WA. 98294
  Terrie Mohr-Forker
  http://tazzys.org/
  Non-Profit national rescue
  Dedicated to the welfare of animals.

  Copyright © 1999-2010 tazzys.org. All rights reserved.