You are very fortunate...... All but two of our cats rush out the
door at every opportunity.  We have 14 cats and they were all rescued
outside cats, and love it out there.  Only two of them never try to
get out, but there is no way we can stop the others. We are too old
at ages 77 & 88 and they are much faster than we are!  Fortunately
we live on a dead end road in the woods with no traffic, so they are
quite safe. They are unbelievably good about coming in before dark
in case any predators are lurking. This compromise of indoor/outdoor
works for us, but I think it all depends on where you live as to
whether your cats can go outside.

Lorrie