Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 17:44:08 -0400
From: Heather <furrygi...@gmail.com>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] periactin/cyproheptadine

I had used Cypro before without problems and know it is used widely, but did
notice that some people on the CRF had cats with sensitivities to it.  I
recently tried it for my 15 year old cat and was really glad my vet
suggested trying 1/4 (rather than 1/2 which had always been suggested
before) as it seemed to make her irritable and not feel very good, she was
very vocal.

I think I would definitely start with the lower dose of 1/4.   I've never
heard of it being used 3 times a day, but that doesn't mean it isn't ever
used that frequently.   There is another, Mirtazapine, that I think usually
is used every 3 days.

Good luck!

stacy_zac...@yahoo.com