Im so aorry for your loss.  My vet said the virus lasts only a short while
outside the body, a minute or so.  Healthy adult cats have good immunity to it
anyhow.   I have lost several felv cats, and never do any extraordinary
cleaning or waiting when they pass away.  In my opinion don't worry about it.

Gloria

Sent from my iPhone